Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday December 3, 1998 at 09:37
Will Cunningham
Historic Forum Post
I am not sure I follow exactly what you mean by it doesn't work 30% of the time. If you mean that a particular button does not seem to actually control your projector 30% of the time, then I don't know what to tell you, but if you mean that 30% of the time the pronto doesn't seem to learn the button you are teaching it, I do have a suggestion.

When I was teaching the Pronto my Yamaha reciever's remote codes, I thought everything worked fine. When I went to use the pronto, about 1/2 of the codes had not actually been learned. I was a little confused at first, but I figured out what my problem was. The way I was teaching the pronto was not correct. What I would do is press and hold the Yamaha remote's button and then start the learning on the Pronto. The pronto would learn something, but not the IR signal I was shooting for. I found that if I got the pronto into learning mode, and THEN hit the button (Just press it, not a press and hold) that it would learn it correctly every time. That is actually how the manual said to do it, but I only read it once and the other way seemed to work for most buttons... :) After I got into the swing of things, that way turned out to be faster anyway.

Hope that helps,

Will

Hosting Services by ipHouse