Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday November 25, 1998 at 15:56
Will Cunningham
Historic Forum Post
I am pretty happy with the ergonomic's of the Pronto, though I do know what you mean about the slipperyness. It seem's to have a tendancy to want to jump out of my hands every once in a while. Thankfully when it's there, it's seems very comfortable to me so I am all set.

The remote does sit on your leg really well, but it fit's great on your shoulder too. I don't know why, but that is where I like to keep my remotes. I think I started that because I had too many remotes for them all to fit in my lap. :)

I agree whole heartedly with Daniel about the sturdy construction. I ended up putting it to the test a few days ago. I had it on my shoulder when I got up to answer the door... Much to my horror the remote flew off my shoulder and slammed into my coffee table, where it then bounced to the ground with a sickening thud. I was very relieved after I tested it and everything still worked. Heck, the battery pannel didn't even pop off!

I laughed out loud when I read the pizza comments! I have been trying to come up with a solution to this problem too. So far the best I have come up with is eating with one hand and remoting with the other. Here's an idea for an accessory! Imagine a snug, almost see through (with the aid of the backlight) paper towel baggie that you can put over your pronto to protect it while you eat. Kind of like a bib for your pronto. :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse