The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday November 24, 1998 at 10:40
Clay W.
Historic Forum Post
Hi,
I have been thinking about the differences between the HK Take Control and the Pronto. One of the advertised features of the HK is organization by activities. However, based on the Pronto literature from the web, it would appear that the Pronto could be programmed much the same way.

For example, one of the things I would like to do is have one or two pronto screens (device templates) organized for channel surfing. Since each button can be programed with a macro, this should be possible as follows: For each button on the chosen template, relabel the buttons HBO1, HBO2, TLC, FOX, CH 11, etc. Each button could then be programmed to switch to the correct source and change to the correct channel. I think this can be done even without the software package currently in Beta test.

When we are able to re-porgram the Templates, it should be simple to use further customize these surfing screens to configure the buttons to look like the DSS on-tv-screen channel buttons and/or the broadcast channel Logos.

This same programing idea should also work for other devices: From the macro screen, devise each macro like an activity - selecting the *Watch TV* macro could switch the source to your TV tuner source (a VCR in my case), and activate the corresponding devise template.

My question is: Have any of the lucky Prono owners tried this approach and did you succeed? Or, if this plan will not work, is there a different option that would achieve a similar goal?
Thanks,
Clay W.

Hosting Services by ipHouse