Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday December 2, 1998 at 13:43
Scott "popcorn"
Historic Forum Post
Jack, I don't have a problem with 32 bit to be honest. In fact, I have a 64 bit OS on its way, and I'll be happy to run it. What I *do* have a problem with is the lack of CHOICE available in the computer world. Namely, you either run Win 95/98/NT or you don't run applications available at Best Buy, Egghead, CompUSA, driver software for hardware such as scanners, remote controls, etc. And I won't be suckered in. Take this to Philips: If I have to use Win 95/98/NT to program the Pronto above and beyond the built-in functionality, I WON'T buy a Pronto. It's about time that these companies understand that they are simply stoking the fire of the µ$ (microsoft) monopoly, and they shouldn't be. They need to offer drivers/applications for other OSs, and I have vowed not to buy anything that requires the Win 95/98/NT interface. And I feel this issue IS a part of this board. It relates to the application software for the Pronto. So, will Philips at least provide information on how to program the Pronto, so I can write my own software for it, if the software is only for Win 95/98/NT? Or do I look for a different remote?

Hosting Services by ipHouse