Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday November 30, 1998 at 19:47
Alex D.
Historic Forum Post
I had the opportunity to speak to Jack Schultz at Metronet in Chicago today - very informative (and yeah, I bit the bullet and ordered one - despite my curiousity over the HK Take Control - hope I made the right decision!). Given his connection with the folks at Philips, I suggested that when the software is ready to go to market, all prior owners of the Pronto should be given special consideration. Basically, it's people like yourselves (i.e in this chat group) who have done the best promotion for the Pronto. If not for you and especially Daniel for organizing this site, I, along with potentially others, may have been hesitant to purchase the Pronto without the software. For that matter, I may have even purchased the HK Take Control since its lower retail price includes the software.

Hopefully, the marketing gurus at Philips will recognize the value in offering the software at no additional charge if the unit is purchased prior to the software being available. It could be as simple as using the serial number of the unit as an assess code to a defined web site for a free download. After the software is available, chances are that it will be bundled together with the unit.
Okay, call me nuts, but it may worth a try if each Pronto owner were to write a short note to Philips promoting this idea.
Just a thought!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse