The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday December 9, 1998 at 15:33
Scott Shearer
Historic Forum Post
George,

I am a new Pronto owner (thanks to Jack)and also liked the idea of an activities based remote. However, I believe I have accomplished that with the Pronto very nicely. As Daniel noted in his review of the Pronto on this site, you can attach macros to the device buttons. What I have done is attach various macros to each of the devices, so when I push the DVD device button, not only does the receiver input change to the DVD input, the TV changes to the DVD input, and the Pronto changes to the DVD template screen. There is no reason the macro couldn't also perform any other function you wanted, such as turn on a projector, lower a screen, turn out the lights, etc. I have similar macros attached to other devices such as TV, SAT (renamed DBS), etc. Therefore as long as I am at the home screen (which is very easy to get to if not already there), simply pushing the applicable device button controls the entire "activity" associated with that device. I don't know if this would accomplish what you are thinking of or not, but it certainly has for me.

I don't know why Philips didn't put this capability in their manual because I think it is a very nice feature. I'm really glad Daniel learned about it and told all of us.

Scott

Hosting Services by ipHouse