Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday December 11, 1998 at 01:57
jack schultz
Historic Forum Post
Hi all and thanks for the continued interest!

As far as icons are concerned, I use ICONEDIT which is posted on PC MAG website...ZDNET.com I think. It can remove any icon from a multitude of programs including .exe files which can be saved in many formats, including /bmp files. I then just adjusted the size with a scanner program, like one I have from Logitech, but many will work. There are max bitmap sizes (X x Y) spelled out in the software docs.
As far as "sharing" files, yep, this is definately something that can be done (across the net of course also) and has been suggested to the powers that be as a very powerful tool. Of course they may choose not to sponsor/participate directly which one can understand and of course this just means someone else just has to do it instead. No problem that I can see but lets wait and see if they do it directly.
As far as setting up to do "X" times of a command, I expect that this may have to wait for future revision and considering you can have many commands listed, I can live with this for the moment considering all the other issues. PLUS, we do want this to become available sooner rather than later don't we?
As everyone knows, if we wait to make it absolutely perfect for eveyone, it will never come as it will always be a moving target that is unobtainable. So the best approach that I see is to take it as soon as it's available and make suggestions for future possible revisions. Could become a bit like Linux as I see it, especially if mfrs get directly involved.

Hosting Services by ipHouse