Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 10, 1998 at 18:09
Keith Barrett
Historic Forum Post
First; let me say it is a great pleasure finding other advanced IR control people. I was beginning to think I was the only one that played games like mappping (quickly) 2-3 remote functions to a single key in one learn session, using X10 lights, etc. It's nice to read other clever solutions to the same problems I've had.

I'm planning to get a pronto and am already mapping out my menu system in my head :-). Could someone post on the web a snapshot of all the templates? Not having one yet I have no idea what all my choices are. For example; I would like to have one opening screen that's nothing but several "screen wide" buttons containing text (similar to a selection list). Is there a template for that? If so; how may buttons are there and how many characters can each hold? Can the text contain spaces or carriage returns?

I'm also concerned about a posting I read where someone said X10 "dim" and "brighten" commands don't work because the pronto doesn't hold long commands. I have seen this before, but have a remote now that handles it (it just uses a lot of memory for those commands). I really need this to work. Anyone try making up for it with a repeat macro or by trying to load the command from another programmable remote instead of the source remote?

And finally; for those playing with the computer software -- does it allow you to design or change templates (not template contents), or are you still forced to live with the templates provided?

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse