The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday December 10, 1998 at 19:59
JACK SCHULTZ
Historic Forum Post
Ivan,
Suffice it to say that while I am familiar with Faroudja, I don't have one of their remotes to play with. I can advise though that in my testing of the software and teaching it Meridian codes, Meridian too uses the RC-5 codeset. When the codes were learned, the software displayed the actual RC-5 codes by the numbers. So, if Faroudja will document to you which codes they are using, you will be able to simply plug them in accordingly on screen. As far as "streaming" codes, I haven't yet encountered a device sending streams so I can't provide clear cut facts as to how this would display. My guess is that the Pronto may see the stream with the start and end bits and list them line by line accordingly. As far as the minimum length ( I assume repeats of same signal) this can be done via duping the signal on screen also.

The fact that the Pronto "learned" the code and saw it/logged it as a valid RC-5 was in itself very good I thought. I also tried to introduce noise during learning and found that Pronto stored the signal but DID NOT identify it as an RC-5, which would tell me that there is a reasonable level of intelligence involved in the storage process.

Hosting Services by ipHouse