Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 10, 1998 at 19:35
Ivan Luk
Historic Forum Post
In addition to what's been covered in other requests/posts, I'd like to add some suggestions to the forthcoming Pronto software.

1. There should be an easy way to "repeat" buttons in macros instead of having to press it x (e.g. 15) times, and have x entries for "volume +". Something like a label that says "repeat x times with y delay."

2. In addition to the above, it would be nice to be able to specify a minimum length of time any signal is transmitted when a button is pressed.

3. A way to disseminate/break apart a multi-coded IR signal and assign parts of it to different buttons.

For example, I have a Faroudja Line Doubler remote that is RC-5 compatible. It has one button for power on the remote. The remote actually sends out two IR codes--on and off. The Doubler figures out the state it's in, and turns itself on or off.

As is, the only way I got the Pronto (same thing with my old RC-2000) to "learn" the command properly was to experiment with shielding the IR transmitter, etc. This took a good hour of experimentation before I got it to work reliably. So now, I have both a button for on, and one for off. It should NEVER be this difficult.

In relation to the issue with the Faroudja remote, there were more problems that I managed to work around. Suffice to say, it all has to do with the ability/inability of the Pronto software to learn/breakdown multiple IR codes from a single button.

That's it for now. Then again, I've only had the Pronto for four days! :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse