Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 18, 1998 at 19:47
jack schultz
Historic Forum Post
Philips has officially announced that ProntoEdit (the PC software for Pronto) will be demonstrated at the CES show 1/7-1/10/99 in Las Vegas.
Further, the press release announces that the software will be available via the website (www.pronto.philips.com) when released in January.

Cables will be available at no cost to registered users and authorized dealers at the time of release.

I would suspect that the posting of software could be timed with the actual CES show so mark your calendars to check the website accordingly. I would also suggest that all users register their Pronto ownership at the website sooner rather than later as cables could be sent prior to software release.
I will also post a pinout of the cable prior to for those who can't wait for the "real thing", should the software post before cables are shipped.

Finally, I hope everyone can appreciate that I have posted items of interest on this site as food for thought and that if I were able to control software release, I certainly would have provided it. However, I also appreciate that there were a few items to iron out prior to release so this of course takes some time on behalf of the software engineers involved.
I'd also like to point out that there are a few other software beta sites that haven't seemed to post here at all.
Thank you to all who have interest in Pronto as I believe you'll find it is worth the wait.

Hosting Services by ipHouse