Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday December 28, 1998 at 20:46
a helpful person...
Historic Forum Post
In my opinion, the question asked ("will the software be made available on the platform I use?") is a reasonable one, and was asked in a respectful way. I'm surprised that Keith and Gumby responded so emotionally.

Having worked on both platforms as a software developer for many years now, working as a third party developer for Microsoft and Apple platforms, and for Apple itself for 4 yrs, I find it a little strange that an almost religous fervor is expressed in favor of one platform or the other, ironically usually by individuals that don't have any hands-on experience with the 'other' platform. Both products have their strengths and weaknesses, as do both companies.

Ironically, Pronto was created using both platforms - user interface, graphics & fonts were created using Mac tools, OS, application and hardware developed using the PC.

As far as a MacOS version of the app being released, it seems unlikely, unless someone does it as a 'spare time' project. And no-one on the team has much spare time...

p.s. I was glad to see mention of one of the companies I worked for - Insignia :-) Thanks for the mention, Pat.

Hosting Services by ipHouse