Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday March 21, 2024 at 18:57
Fiasco
July 2009
I got a zonepro for my house so I picked back up my ZP script and started workign on it again. I forgot how brutal the documentation of the protocol was. There's an engineer sitting around somewhere jerking off every time he thinks about someone trying to integrate a zonepro.

From the protocol documentation:

"The dbx ZonePRO is designed for 1-way control from a 3rd party controller. We do not offer a full-duplex protocol guide to our end users. The only exception to this rule is if the user downloads and uses the AMX and Crestron modules from our website www.dbxpro.com . We have worked with these two manufacturers to provide reliable full-duplex (2-way) controllers for our customers."

Yea right. I wouldn't want to write the documentation for feedback either.

After hours of making single adjustements to the zonepro then comparing generated hex codes I've started identifying a lot of the virtual devices. I've got all the zone RTE's completely mapped (volume, source and mute is about all most people would want) including source, priority, priority volume, page, page volume, mute master/source and all the ducking sliders working with two way feedback.
Pump House on Facebook: [Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse