The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 5, 2023 at 22:35
Herman Trivilino
Long Time Member
February 2007
I have the Harmony Elite with hub and just bought a new Sony KD-65X85K television. I can't get the TV's Power On command to work consistently with the Harmony remote. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

A strange thing (at least to me it's strange) is that on the original TV remote the Power On/Off button sends a IR signal to the TV. But all the other buttons on the original TV remote appear to send RF signals.

Now, when setting up the Harmony remote to work with this TV I had a bit of trouble and had to do it several times. When setting up the Harmony remote to control this TV I'm prompted to enter a four-digit code that is supposed to appear on the TV screen, along with a warning that failure to enter the code will result in the Harmony remote being able to send IR signals only. During set up sometimes I got the code to appear and sometimes I didn't. If the code didn't appear I was of course unable to enter it and the result was that the Harmony wouldn't control the TV at all.

If during set up the code does appear and I enter it, then the Harmony remote controls the TV well with the exception of the problem I mentioned in the first paragraph.

The weird part is that the Power On command on the Harmony, the one that doesn't work reliably, appears to be sending a RF signal. Yet the power toggle button on the OEM remote sends a IR signal.

Does anybody know what I can do to sort this out or work around it?
Origin: Big Bang

Hosting Services by ipHouse