Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday April 1, 2023 at 13:34
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 1, 2023 at 11:58, imt said...
By large do you mean 2 gang? I would think that only works of you would be attaching a conduit from the rear. If in a wall cavity, there doesn't seem to be the space on the top or bottom for 1-1/2" conduit. The injection moulded parts on the interior for the screws for the plate seem to take up considerable space where you would need to drill and attach conduit.

The single gang Horizontal version seems to be flat and no obstructions.

By 'large', I mean the size that allows attaching a conduit that's large enough to pass an HDMI cable while other cables are inside. In keeping with the rule of thumb that the conduit shouldn't be filled more than 65%, that means at least 1-1/2" and in that case, it would be best to install the HDMI before the other cables. If the HDMI length is more than 30', the recommended optical type will require care to be taken when adding/changing cabling.

Since the wall isn't finished, this is the time to stake your claim to the real estate needed for a larger box- even after the cables have been run, the box will still need volume to handle everything and I would bet that at some point, you'll need more space in a box that can't easily be replaced.

Make everyone understand that future-proofing is a good idea.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse