The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday March 14, 2023 at 10:15
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 7, 2023 at 11:00, punter16 said...
We have a remodel we are on where there is a 2nd level kids' room that is used for gaming, hang-out, etc. The homeowners want to cut down on sound through the floor. We don't have the opportunity to put anything in the walls...just the underlayment for the floor.

Any ideas for methods to cut down on sound transfer? I'm sure that both high and low frequency are desired. We had used Dynapad on a job before and it did a good job but I'm interested to know if others here have better ideas (Quietboard, other materials, etc.).

Thanks!

Best practice, isolate one floor from the one below. That's not always possible, so the recommendations listed will help, but not completely. It would be better if the place had concrete floors, but....

Any transitions for the HVAC ducts connected to the new space should be flexible- the transmission along steel is extremely efficient and it travels very fast. In addition to the flexible transitions, baffles made of rigid, sound absorbing duct material will help to block some of the remaining sound in the ducts.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse