Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 3, 2022 at 16:49
Richie Rich
July 2002
Have a large home with Crestron DM. Late last year we did a massive system upgrade. All 4k I/O cards, RMCs, new displays etc.

Have a recurring video issue at one location that is driving me crazy.

Display (Samsung Frame) is fed distributed sources via DM to a Marantz SR8012.

For about a year or so everything worked flawlessly, including this location...until it didn't. If the location was powered off for any amount of time, no video on display.

Swapped the RMC with another one, recabled. No change. Would work until extended power down (say an hour or longer). Narrowed it down to a hot plug issue caused by having the AVR in the mix.

Bypassing the AVR, going direct to the Samsung media box along with programming DM to hold a video source when the location is powered off resolved it.

Made some changes recently. Client requested two local sources and wanted his OSD back so all got run through the AVR again. Programmer was confident his source hold command would keep things functional

System worked fine like that for a couple of days of testing. This morning he calls me, frustrated... Problem is back, no video on display... ARGH!!!

Been running into this issue a lot lately with ~1 year old Samsung displays, Marantz AVRs and any sort of extender or matrix in the mix (Snap, AV Pro Edge and now Crestron). Like Samsung pushed some sort of firmware that increased the sensitivity on this for some random reason.

I need to find a solution to this as it is driving me crazy.
HDMI.... The source of most of my grey hair since ~2010 or so....

What box do I need to throw into the mix to make this not happen? I did a lot of HDMI splitters on cable/sat boxes back in the day to resolve this.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse