The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday May 19, 2007 at 10:45
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
Additional info on translating Hex numbers from LIRC into decimal for use with MakeHex.

Get the JP1 program IR.exe (even though you won't be using JP1). Download it from:
[Link: hifi-remote.com]
The current version there today is IR7.00, but any version will do.

Start IR.exe (ignore any startup warnings, because you won't be using the main features of the program anyway).

Select "EFC calculator" from the tools menu.

Type a two digit hex number (such as the C0, C2 or C5 device codes from your LIRC file or the function codes that directly follow them on each line) into the "Hex Command" field.

In various LIRC files the Binary numbers represented by the Hex may be reversed in sequence or polarity or both or neither. (You'll probably need to ask an expert which it is for a given LIRC file. But once you know, it should be the same for all hex numbers in that LIRC file). In the file you linked, it is reversed in sequence but not polarity.

Read the decimal value from one of four places (within the EFC calculator dialog):

"LSB Comp" if it is reversed in both sequence and polarity
"MSB Comp" if it is just reversed in polarity
"LSB" if it is just reversed in sequence
"MSB" if it isn't reversed at all.

For example, when I type C5 into the Hex Command field, 163 appears in the "LSB" field, because the data in your LIRC file is reversed in just sequence and your device code of 163 appears in the LIRC file as C5.

Similarly, I typed E8 and read 23 from the "LSB" field, meaning that the audio power toggle from that LIRC file is function 23 (of device 163). If you used MakeHex to generate all 256 signals for device 163, you could select function 23 from the MakeHex output to copy/paste to the appropriate button in you config (in ProntoEdit).

Instead of doing a lot of such copy/paste steps you could:

1) Use either IrPanels or Hex2CCF to convert the MakeHex output to a CCF file.

2) Merge that CCF file into your own CCF file (I'm not sure how to do that in ProntoEdit, but I think other experts have described that in other threads).

3) Alias from numbered buttons in the IrPanels (or Hex2CCF) generated panels into the appropriate named buttons in your panels.

With the CCF full of numbered buttons you can also test whether your device has other functions that weren't included in the source info you used (the LIRC file) maybe functions that weren't even on the original remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse