The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday May 19, 2007 at 08:16
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
So far as I know, there is no program nor generic method to convert LIRC data to Pronto Hex. People like me, who understand the structure of various IR protocols, can look at most LIRC data and recognize the signals. Once you know what the signals are, you can use the MakeHex program to generate Pronto Hex for them:

[Link: john.fine.home.comcast.net]

The LIRC file you linked uses JVC's IR protocol (which is used by most, but not all JVC device). That file has commands for three different devices. I assume you just wanted the commands for the audio device.

The C5 in the LIRC file for each audio command represents the device code (similarly C0 is the TV and C2 is the VCR), but it is in hex representing backwards binary. Translated to a decimal device code, C5 is device 163.

You could easily generate all 256 possible commands for device 163 with MakeHex and the JVC.irp file, by editing it to Device=163 (see more details in the readme file for MakeHex). Then you could select the specific signals you want from that set of 256 by translating the function number (last two digits of each LIRC line) into decimal. (translate hex to binary, reverse the bit sequence, then translate binary to decimal). But that translation gets pretty tedious.

JVC is pretty consistent about function numbering, so you may be better off ignoring the LIRC file and getting data from a CCF file instead. My guess is that most CCF files using JVC device code 163 have the same functions. Here are URL's for a few such files:

[Link: remotecentral.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse