The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Thursday June 16, 2022 at 12:48
SWFLMike
Long Time Member
January 2007
If you've used Crestron Home or C4, you'll probably be able to pick it up very quickly, since you probably understand how services don't show up on the interface unless all the required connections are made.

What I remember most about learning/using Savant:

- If they had a profile for the device you're trying to use, things went super smooth. If not, it was way easier to *get* a product that they have a profile for than to 'make something work'. Keep in mind, we're talking learning curve level here...I'm sure super smart Savant guys can make anything work.

- Custom work flows were a pain in the butt, and it was hard to figure out stuff on your own. The software wasn't intuitive when it came to the custom stuff - you either knew something or you didn't. Which brings me to the next thing...

- Looking up stuff in the Knowledge Base was frustrating because the info you'd find wouldn't always be applicable to the version of DaVinci that you were working with. I remember being furious when I'd go to do something I'd done a million times only to find that they moved/changed/omitted something in the new version of DaVinci I was using.

Just my 2 cents...

Hosting Services by ipHouse