The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday May 12, 2022 at 10:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 11, 2022 at 16:34, Ernie Gilman said...
THIS is the remotecentral I remember. Only five replies, all on the first day, and great results! Thank you!*

BHuey supplied the phone numbers, highfigh asked a relevant question:

Nope. I missed the importance of the fact that I only had one input connected.
If
you have something connected ONLY to TV Input HDMI 1
and
you try to select HDMI 2
and
the TV goes to HDMI 1
You cannot tell if it is choosing the wrong input because of something about the signal, or it's just choosing the only connected signal.
On top of that, audio did not play when it should have.

It's possible to make some other adjustments to the way the set works. Samsung provided this one to me, but the guy was loath to just tell me everything, probably because they don't want the average person, or even installer, to have this power at their fingertips.

Their TVs won't go to an unused input and the name of all unused inputs is gray.

Is this an older TV? What shows on the screen (WRT the input) when you try to select a different one?

I think that the person on the other end of the call may be new- just about every time I call any company for tech support, past experience seems non-existent and it seems that many were replaced because of COVID layoffs, firing, shut down, etc. Reps working for distributors don't know things they should, some don't even make the info available and they're wasting our time.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse