The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Friday December 24, 2021 at 13:28
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On December 24, 2021 at 02:55, tomciara said...
Nah, not meaning that at all.

I think we could get some agreement that truth in advertising has been a fail.

I don’t know a soul who wasn’t willing to sit tight to flatten the curve for 15 days.  In retrospect, if you had studied virii for 40 years, you might have been able to predict that it would not help a bit.

I don’t know anyone who did not believe that a vaccine would get life back to normal.  That may have been the exact phrase we heard.  Ow, not working out too well on that one either.

Its not just me, you know that.  We want to trust our professionals.  But they have put us in a place where we don’t know what to believe.

`
I get what you are saying and agree with you in part.

but a curve is like a helium balloon, you can hold it down with your hand ("flatten the curve") but when you take your hand out of the way it will just go back to what it will naturally do and float up (start increasing again) the only way to stop it from going up is to pop the balloon ( bring covid-19 down to 0)

so did I ever believe that "flattening the curve" would be an end goal? no, that was (and will always be) just about buying time and making sure the medical establishments won't be overwhelmed.

As for 15 days I laughed when my wife said her boss played it as a possibility the last time she was in the office almost all those months ago. The word quarantine comes from the Italian quaranta which means 40. Back in the dark ages some ports in what is now Italy had put a rule that ships from distant lands stopping into the port had to remain there for 40 days before people/things could get on and off the ships. Two weeks is no where near enough time to stop (or slow down) anything. Think of it person one got covid on the last day before lock down, 5 days later they become infective they give it to an other member of their household 7 days later, the first person gets better 12 days later but that second person is still contagious 19 days later because he started 7 days later, that is why ships had to stay put 40 days, you need enough time (and ships in those days were not like cruise ships today) to make sure the last person to catch it would not be contagious by the time he was let loose into the city.

The same is true for your comment on the vaccine.

Plus let's face it, you are assuming what most people do is important, when the reality is what the minority that is willing to make sure or don't care if Covid-19 is problematic that matter. What covid-19 needs to survive is a new host every 2-3 weeks.

Also we never really listen to the "professionals" we listen to "politicians". From a purely health point of view. Making everyone (through out the world) go out buy 40 days of food and lock them in their homes for 40 days might have worked. But that was something that no body wanted to do because people would not be happy. People need to work, people want to see others.... so it is a balancing act between what is the best way to keep people happy, and the medical system afloat.

Hosting Services by ipHouse