Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Monday November 22, 2021 at 23:24
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On November 22, 2021 at 09:56, hdtvluvr said...
Thanks for replying Ernie. I am a little confused though. Tip, ring & sleeve would seem to imply a stereo male plug end. I have a mono cable which has a tip and ground (sleeve).

So, I have ordered

[Link: amazon.com]

to convert the mono male end to a stereo end for the projector. The IR connecting block uses mono male plugs.

Hopefully the part will be delivered tomorrow. Does this seem to be what is needed?

You don't seem to understand how that works. That "adapter" is going to short the tip & ring together (which would be left & right in a 'stereo audio' setup). But you are NOT dealing with an audio plug. It is a data plug - and on that Sony: the Sleeve is Ground, the Tip is Signal, and the Ring (middle) is not connected to anything [as already mentioned several times earlier in this thread].
I don't know what result shorting the Tip & Ring together on the Sony with that particular adapter will do. But I'm willing to bet cash it won't work, since hundreds (if not thousands) of other installers have already tried that method with many other stereo to mono adapters. No one has ever reported it working.

Hosting Services by ipHouse