Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Tuesday November 9, 2021 at 03:00
cosmicvoid
Long Time Member
November 2007
Thanks for your suggestion:

>>>1) start the extender discovery tool and then then
>>>2) flip the configuration switch to position 3 while the tool is running.

No success. Tried using both DHCP and static IPs, let extender discovery tool run for half hour each of three times using different wifi settings.

I made up a tiny config in PEP2 with 1 activity that has 2 buttons, each sending a serial string. The only result is always "command failed" (which I never got before this). The diagnostic log shows either "extender IP unknown" a few times, or mostly "extender 192.168.0.10 no reply". I can ping the extender from the WAP with good results.

Trying to use Help in PEP2 results in a popup "Can't open help files", even though I can see the Help folder under the app folder. Not Cool. I can open them my self to a browser, but the help content is actually not very helpful so far.

In my tiny config I have made one component for the LG TV and its strings. Interesting that I can modify the component, then I get a popup "Recent changes have not been saved to the database". ?? Why not? How are changes supposed to be saved?? Again Not Cool.

I wanted to get rid of unwanted components in the My Database, but highlighting one and clicking the Delete icon does not remove it. Again Not Cool. How can components be deleted? Nothing I've tried works.

The behavior of PEP2 does not impress me, but I think I'm making a little progress, and not succeeding. Next I'm thinking of using Wireshark to see what is happening between the WAP and the RFX, and that looks like another learning curve to climb.

Do you think there are any config files in forum library that deal with the RFX9600 extender? Any further suggestions are welcomed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse