The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday November 4, 2021 at 03:03
cosmicvoid
Long Time Member
November 2007
After reading a very long list of search hits on this forum, I decided, out of desperation, to bite the bullet, and updated my TSU9400 to firmware 7.3.3-1.4.5, and installed PEP 2.4. Using Win 7 64bit.

Loading my PEP1 xcf into PEP2 went smoothly, with no obvious errors. I changed the config to define the wireless and extender parameters in System Properties. The 9400 seems to connect to the WAP just fine. The extender discovery tool fails to find any extenders (using static IPs). Is this a red flag???

So I set about making some RS-232 components with a few commands mapped into buttons on a page. Initially I was able to specify serial port #4 on the RFX extender, but when I downloaded the config to the 9400, I got several errors saying that there was no serial extender, despite the RFX being selected for that component. Suggests an ethernet issue perhaps? Never see any "busy" activity on the RFX.

Further experimentation produced "Pronto Data Service not running. Please re-install ...." , but re-installing does not fix the error. Switching between the Project and My Database now does not have any serial ports selectable for the component, only IR ports. I see that the new components have been corrupted in My Database.

This initial experience leads me to think that PEP2 is a frustrating, non-intuitive, poorly written piece of garbage (coming from someone who has been doing Windows coding for 25+ years), but I'll try spending a few more hours trying to figure out how to make it work, before I dump the RFX and pursue a different IR-to-RS-232 converter. I do remember seeing complaints about "Pronto Data Service not running" many years ago, so I'll try to search on that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse