The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday November 3, 2021 at 02:24
ask4mikie
Long Time Member
February 2011
In PEP2 & 3, you can go into My Database, and add a new component. Then you go to Component Properties, and there is a Control Type drop-down box where you select IR or RS. I didn't notice this before, but the rs-232 parameters can be set at the bottom of the page. This probably means you don't have to set parameters in the RFX9600.

It's been so long since I used PEP1 that I don't remember it too well. You might try PEP2 and see if you like it. Be sure to backup your project before opening it in PEP2. I think I remember something about problems going back to PEP1 from PEP2.

What model of LG tv do you have? I have seen a few times where the more expensive models will have IP or RS control, but the cheaper ones don't. I assume you have the RS-232 protocol document?

Sometimes it is hard to understand the commands that are available. On my Samsung there are all kinds of commands for arcane picture settings, but there is no channel up or channel down. I can set it to a specific channel, but I have to do hex arithmetic on it and calculate the checksum for it.

Does the tv possibly have an IR input jack on the back? That might be an alternative.

What are you doing as far as network security? I only remember seeing something like WEP 128, which is not sufficient. One idea I had was to use the guest network that a lot of routers have now, but I haven't done that myself.

Sorry for the long posts, but I don't have anyone to talk about this kind of stuff with. Trying to talk to my wife, I can see her eyes rolling back in her head after 15 seconds!

Hosting Services by ipHouse