Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday October 25, 2021 at 02:00
cosmicvoid
Long Time Member
November 2007
Ok Lyndel,
Thanks for your reply.

Pete Geraghty's post is very interesting, as is his github post. Yeah, trying to tap into the RFX's tcpdump would bite off way more than I could chew. I'm not a Linux geek. Maybe if I was 30 years younger.

Doing simpler things, I have the TSU "talking" to a different WAP, to see if there might be a wireless issue. Interestingly, the TSU will show a WiFi "connect" icon even when there is no cable from the WAP to the RFX. The only indication that the RFX is "alive" is the ethernet LED lights up appropriately, and it responds to my laptop in configuration mode. But in user mode (switch posn 1) it is unresponsive.

When connecting the laptop, I've used the switch position 2, which calls for a xover cable, but I use a straight cable, as this used RFX didn't come with a xover cable. But I think ethernet ports nowdays don't care about that and will automatically swap tx/rx pairs. I might try doing user mode with a xover cable, but I don't expect it will make any difference. I'll have to try a replacement RFX box to see if I have a dud unit.

Maybe I should give my laptop the static IP that I gave the RFX, and see if it gets any traffic from the TSU. I think of using a RaspberryPi to do WiFi to RS-232, but I don't want to start another humongous project. Or I could use an Arduino to do IR code to RS-232 string look-up. That might be a quick project.

Hosting Services by ipHouse