The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday October 23, 2021 at 16:21
cosmicvoid
Long Time Member
November 2007
0. It does what I need to do. I rarely make any config changes any more, and don't have any motive to suffer another learning curve with PEP2. This old dog doesn't want to learn any new tricks.

1. The RFX was running 1.4.7, and I upgraded to 1.4.8 to see if it would make a difference. It didn't seem to. The TSU9400 is running 7.1.21, and the newer versions seem to require using PEP2, which I'm not interested in. I have no clue about the compatibility of the versions.

2. Yes, static IPs all around. The RFX is configured to 192.168.1.40, which is declared in the TSU System Properties -> Extenders -> Extender 1. The TSU is set to 192.168.1.20, declared in System Properties -> Wireless Settings, using WEP128. SSID matches the Asus AP one.

3. I configured a 3rd button on my test page to send a IR command to the extender. This also produces no activity on the RFX LEDs. I'm less confident that the 3rd button is configured correctly.

So I guess this suggests that the TSU is not actually communicating with the RFX, dispite showing a "connected" icon. Connected to what?? Maybe I should reconfigure both RFX & TSU to a different subnet, to rule out the TSU seeing my main LAN AP, which is not using WEP either.

Again, I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Should I try bumping the RFX firmware to a lower version (1.3.8)?

Last edited by cosmicvoid on October 23, 2021 16:33.

Hosting Services by ipHouse