The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday September 19, 2021 at 11:15
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 18, 2021 at 19:52, Ernie Gilman said...
Amazing Goop works well. That's aka Shoe Goo. Yes, really. Practice before you use it. Use it sparingly and tape it in place for a few hours after you apply it. It will stretch until it cures thoroughly.

That takes too long and sagging can cause return trips, IMO. Stuff is tenacious, though.

I've had no problem in the past with hot glue, but maybe I used a bunch more than you're using.

Just a little dab'll do ya.

Silicone might be the best, but when you eventually have to replace it, some of the silicone always stays behind looking ugly.

Denatured alcohol is used by the automotive & marine manufacturing, service and paint/fiberglass/gelcoat industries when paint, gelcoat and other finishes need to be applied and it works better than most solvents without damaging the surface or previous finishes.

Droll story: Shoe Goo was invented as (or after its invention, it turned out to be) a good material for building up worn areas on running shoes. The last pack I got was called E6000 and was in a shoe department, but it was black, so no help with IR.

Ennyway....
So a large store's shoe department had some Amazing Goop. Someone from another department, say, tools, found out it could be used around the house for things. Then plumbing wanted some.

Some bright person at the factory figured out that if they made Plumber's Goop and Shoe Goo and Household Goop... they'd get three orders instead of one for the stuff from the stores that sold them. It seems to have worked.

Any of the varieties of Shoe Goo you find are all the same stuff and work the same, no matter what the name.

'

Goop is available at most hardware and big box stores. It does cure in the tube, unfortunately.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse