The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday September 16, 2021 at 11:24
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Back to the original post. This Xi6, in reasonably close proximity to the gateway, was showing a weak Wi-Fi signal. I added an access point inside the house, just behind the wall the TV was mounted on outside, and still had low Wi-Fi signal. Yesterday I swapped the box at the local Comcast office, and the new box shows an excellent WiFi signal. So far, no complaints.

The Comcast tech over the phone head told me to swap out the box, since it seemed to be failing on Netflix, and perhaps not at all on live TV. And perhaps I should have taken his advice. But I thought I saw live TV pausing while I was there, that made me think it was more of a Wi-Fi signal issue. So far, it appears my guess was wrong.

in other news, the local Comcast office told me that Xi6 boxes are going to become Comcast technician only devices and won’t be stocked in the local office. And that is not helpful.

The Xi6 is preferable over the Xi5, Because it will work with any WAP. The earlier Xi5 only works with the Comcast Gateway.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse