The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 43 made on Wednesday September 15, 2021 at 16:54
internetraver
Advanced Member
April 2003
On September 15, 2021 at 14:09, SWOInstaller said...
The other big issue with UBNT surveillance is you have to use their cameras and they don't play well when trying to get them onto a touch panel or something else, nor do they play well with a third party recorder. I am not against UBNT surveillance, they just need to improve their qc and start playing well with others (ONVIF certified would be huge). I also think their pricing is too inflated for their cameras. They are almost priced in comparison to Hanwha but with components of low cost hikvision. I can provide customers a way better camera (lens, quality, WARRANTY) at about the same price. Yes they have some really cost effective cameras that DIYers rave over. I am not a DIYer and am trying to make some money and selling a $50 WIFI camera that has little to no margin is not making me money.

Do you make money on the wall plates you install or do you skip that part of the job because they're only a few bucks?  I make money on every product I sell, regardless of it's MSRP, that's how business works.

99% of the time I use Ubiquiti camera's it's the G4.  It's a great camera with great features and a great image.  If I need something to integrate into an automation system, there's plenty of other options available so I'm not too worried about that.  Right product for the job.

Hosting Services by ipHouse