The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Monday September 13, 2021 at 13:41
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On September 9, 2021 at 12:48, GotGame said...
My competition in UBNT is all in on the phones, access and cameras. I think it has to do with the monitoring and apps vs the quality.
I have not done any cameras, or access or phones from them. But I have to say within the last year things have greatly improved on the GUI and information.
Not so with security.

From what I have seen and heard anything but their networking equipment is crap. As mentioned in my previous post the cameras are overpriced and have moisture/water issues. Their access works most of the time if your lucky, I haven't seen anything with regards to their phones but if it's like their previous units they won't be much to talk about either.

The issue with UBNT is that they are expanding into other areas for no reason. They could easily increase/improve their bread and butter switches, access points, etc. and still be fine. I get that companies need to grow to stay relevant and competitive but I don't see other major networking brands going out and getting into surveillance and access control.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse