The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday September 8, 2021 at 14:09
phillyc
Long Time Member
February 2003
I have the same problem as the OP for a while now.  Also an MX-890.  There is no sure solution that I can find.

Adding a device (which forms some sort of internal link between the device icon and the device) results in the jump pointing to the wrong device.  It cannot be be changed by editing or deleting and re-adding.

Importing a device allows me to separately add a device icon and manually create the jump, which also points to the wrong device.

When I recently had to add a new device, I managed to start with a blank remote and import each existing device from a working .ccp file, finally add the new device, then create all the jumps manually.  This failed several times where at some point an imported device had the wrong jump problem.  Eventually, this worked and I got everything operating correctly.

But I just tested the new working file and if I try to add another new device, the same problem appears.  It is quite maddening.  I have spent hours trying to find a consistent workaround, but with no luck.  (Well, I'm retired and have time. ;-))

I tried playing whack-a-mole, where I would delete the device that the jump was incorrectly pointing to, but that didn't give me any better results.  Sometimes the jump would then point to a different incorrect device.  Or it might point to the right device, but I would discover that a different device had changed to a wrong jump!

It seems that internal links in the software get crossed up.  Of course I can't call URC about it because I am an end user.  I've been using CCP for about nine years with no problems until recently.  Unfortunately, I cannot pinpoint when this started or with which software version because I had not added a device for a long time until recently.  I have MX-890s only, so do not know if other models are affected.  The issue exists in both pre-July 13 software and the new software.

Installers must have run into this problem at some point?  Maybe someone here can think of something I haven't tried.

Hosting Services by ipHouse