The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday September 5, 2021 at 10:05
sirroundsound
November 2003
And what are the "hidden future costs"?
If you try to tell me privacy, you gave that up a long time ago when you started posting things on line and using a cell phone. Heck the fact that you go online means some IP out there knows where you lurk on the internet.
Do you subscribe to services like Netflix, they use data to monitor what you watch and when.
GPS on your phone or in your car tracks where you are or are going.
They (whomever they are?) know, or can find out, you were downtown on main st at 2:30pm because you walked by a bank machine or 1 of 100's of cameras.
Maybe it was here or on IP, didn't someone comment about the fact that all these wired cameras are made in China and they have back doors into them ?
Matter, that's not just for lighting. Matter is supposed to take everything we typically want to connect into our Smart Home and make it easy and seamless as they will all communicate using the same standard.
I gave up on trying to hide from it. If they want to customize advertising based on things I am interested in, or looking for, then let them. I don't have to click on them, or buy anything else.
Do you have some other insight as to what they are going to do to me because I have a camera in my driveway, or any of the other products they offer?
The average Joe goes off to work, walks the dog, plays with his kids, watches a couple shows on Netflix, on Tuesday they order Pizza and Saturday nights they go out for dinner. Does he really have anything to fear by having some of this tech in his home?

Hosting Services by ipHouse