Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 30, 2021 at 08:52
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
Hello all,

I have a customer we completed a job for 11 years ago where we installed a 3 input channel modulator for (Model number ESWMOD3 for you Ernie). The modulator has recently ended its life and I am looking for a replacement (no it isn't just the power supply as we tested it and it was fine). Google doesn't help as a lot of the stuff is either HDMI modulators or single channel (3/4) selectable. I have found a couple similar to what we installed but are no longer available.

Back story on the job: We are called in to complete a surveillance system (over 11 years ago) for a condo that was prewired by others. Condo board wanted to add 2 more cameras to the rear of the building so we did this. In doing this we could only get wires as far as a janitor's closet where another camera ran into. We added the above modulator and sent the three cameras back to the recorder on a single coax where we have a splitter and 3 demodulators (which are still working we believe). Out of the demodulators into the recorder and we see the cameras. Now we have 3 cameras that are not working and need to get them up and running again.

I don't care if this is completed by using three single channel modulators (providing we can set them to a specific channel and not just 3/4) or a unit similar to originally installed.

There may be a possibility that we can get wires back to the recorder but this will be a last resort as it will involve cutting drywall to fish the wires.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse