The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 179 made on Tuesday August 24, 2021 at 11:51
Merv
Long Time Member
November 2003
On August 24, 2021 at 11:29, phillyc said...
That section appears to simply define "Consumer End User" as a user who registers by the "Cutoff Date". It is not saying that is a date where end users would lose access.

Of course, there is language later on that says URC can terminate the license whenever they want to.

Speaking of the license, this would seem to be the heart of the document:

2. LICENSE
2.1 With regard to Consumer End Users: the CCP Software is licensed, not sold. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, URC grants to Consumer End User, a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable license to use the CCP Software and URC Documentation in connection with URC Equipment, conditioned upon the purchase and installation of URC Equipment by the Consumer End User through an Authorized URC Dealer, and registration by the Consumer End User with URC by or before the CCP Cutoff Date for consumer CCP Software access with CCP Credentials.

I read this to say that we will have an ongoing license if the two points in bold apply.  The "Authorized URC Dealer" part may cause issues with some folks.  I have three remotes, one of which was purchased from a dealer.

Yes that's my take on it. Providing we bought the remote from an authorised dealer & we register before the cutoff date we will have continued access to CCP.

At the time I registered, I was not asked for a serial number.  Will we have to re-register at some point?  Will URC really check all serial numbers and know who sold each?  Can the software see the serial number and decide to not function for "unauthorized" remotes?  Seems like more trouble than it's worth for them.  We have the software, we have the remotes, they let us have the license.  Let us go forth in peace and mutual respect!

No I wasn't asked for a serial number - URC have changed the registration form. They no longer require your address, but would like a serial number for a remote and also ask you to tick the box to accept their terms and conditions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse