The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 164 made on Thursday August 19, 2021 at 03:21
Merv
Long Time Member
November 2003
On August 14, 2021 at 02:39, daves22 said...
URC has responded to my AG's inquiry, and my AG has forwarded their response to me. There's a lot of revisionist history in it, but URC has agreed to immediately provide login creds for CCP to those that ask. Additionally, around 8/31, they will release an update to CCP that will *not* require creds, and will ask all users to register to continue using CCP, including serial #s of remotes. This will continue for 120 days. After that time, URC will again require creds to use CCP. They don't say, but I'm assuming that those who do not register within the 120 days will not be able to afterwards.

I have a few questions that I will send to URC.

1. are the current creds sufficient for login after the 120 day period, or will we need to register again during that period?

2. will CCP work with all equipment, or will URC limit it to the registered serial numbers?

3. Will URC provide access to a download version of the software so that it can be installed onto a new computer?

Looks like URC have moved their plans forward.

After accepting the latest update CCP opens and instead of the login popup, now a new popup says:

"URC will soon be changing it's policy regarding access to our software
To ensure you continue to have access please fill out the requested information at the link below
[Link: urcportal.com]"

This now asked you to fill in your email to verify if you currently have access to CCP. If you've already contacted URC and got your login credentials you get this message:

"You are approved for future access to CCP! Your Login credentials have been sent to the email you entered. Please make sure to check your SPAM folder!

If you've not registered and the email is unknown to URC, you're asked to register including name, phone number, a serial number from a remote and tick the terms and conditions shown.

Hosting Services by ipHouse