The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Sunday August 15, 2021 at 20:41
Brentm
Ethereal Home Theater
July 2003
On August 15, 2021 at 16:50, internetraver said...
Should we "deny treatment" to people who choose to smoke their entire lives and end up with cancer or on oxygen?

I try to stay out of politics (and religion), but as a former Army Medic and Paramedic I actually do have a background in this, N95 masks are a great way (and cheap) to reduce the spread (BTW, Chip mfgr's utilize this same technology to keep liquid contaniments from workers breath out of the chips).

We should provide equal treatment to all.
But remember we have pushed smokers out of the common areas in business, travel, eating, entertainment and hospitals to minimize the second hand effects of the smoke. The only places left to smoke in most states is outdoors, bars that have a small amount of food sales and designated smoking areas. The consumers as a whole prefer this and revenues went up because of the change.
This is the same approach that is now being taken by New York (and maybe others) in regards to the Vaccine, honestly I have a difficult time with this one...
Yes some of the vax'd will get sick, some will die, and yes they can carry it to others. But those numbers are significantly lower than those that are not vac'd.
At the bare minimun wear an actual N95 mask, not a faux cloth mask because yes it does make a difference.

Full Disclosure: I am not a smoker and never have been so to me this was a wonderful addition to my evenings.
(Still I would rather have smokers than children.)

Last edited by Brentm on August 15, 2021 21:58.
Brent McCall
Paid Endorser for;
Ethereal (386) 846-7264 Cell

Hosting Services by ipHouse