The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday August 15, 2021 at 13:05
internetraver
Advanced Member
April 2003
On August 14, 2021 at 17:43, benjh1028 said...
I hate how this issue has become politicized. I try to stay far away from these discussions, but I want to share something. My mother - who was vaccinated in January and has been diligent in keeping a distance from everyone - has been in ICU battling the new COVID delta variant, which also contributed to pneumonia. And the effects have been way beyond what you think of. Last Sunday she didn’t recognize me or even know her name. On Monday she became unable to speak. Today she cannot squeeze my hand or follow simple movements with her eyes.

She is really struggling, and the ways in which she is struggling is brutal to witness. I understand why some might be hesitant to get the vaccine, but the overwhelming science points to the benefits far outweighing potential side effects. I really hope we can look beyond the politics and give credit to the science. I came across a stat put out by some universities math department which modeled the effects on the population if the internet and social media were available during the Polio vaccination program, and it was determined up to 35% of us wouldn’t be here today.

My wife has a friend who's mother is in a very similar situation.  She got her vaccination on May 27th and has recently been in the hospital.  She has dizziness, confusion and asks the same questions over and over again. that they are calling rapid dementia.

The difference from your story though is that she never got COVID.

Hosting Services by ipHouse