The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday August 8, 2021 at 16:48
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
Hey all.

I did an install a couple of weeks ago. A Sony 77a80j and Sonos ARC and Sub.
Everything was working fine. The only source he’s using right now are streaming apps from the TV. Edit: there are also an Android box and a security camera DVR connected to the TV but he hasn’t used them yet. The issues below have as of now only been experienced with the TV apps.

I went back last week to do more work, which included adding an Amp for two rear speakers.

Costumer calls me the next day, he’s trying to watch a TV show on Disney+ and has no audio. So I face time him and we play with some settings. Unplug it and plug it back in (which did not work). What fixed it was setting eARC from Off to Auto (which is the opposite of some reading I did that led me to check it). This is a setting that neither of us has ever touched before so I’m not sure how changing solved the issue.

Today he calls me and the TV remote no longer controls the volume. Again we go through some settings and confirm the remote is working. I take him through the process of re-pairing the Sony remote with the ARC. It doesn’t fix it. So I have him unplug everything and plug it back in. This seems to have solved the problem.

So after all of this my question to the group is….

Is anyone else having ARC/Sony issues. Neither of these was inexpensive. Am I to understand he’ll be potentially having to deal with this sort of thing sort of regularly?

Thanks for the insight.

Craig.

Last edited by Craig Aguiar-Winter on August 8, 2021 18:42.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse