Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday August 3, 2021 at 07:04
macnet427
August 2021
On November 19, 2020 at 06:35, cteksys said...
Just a follow on to my other question about MRX issues

Does the IOS App or the CCP software need to talk to URC servers to verify setup codes

I presume it does at first installation but wouldn't have thought it needed to again

I am trying to work out if the error means

'The MRX has been unable to contact the server and verify the setup code...'

Does 'Server' here refer to the MRX base station or external URC servers and does it do this everytime a profile change is uploaded

Many thanks

H

I have 2 MRX-2 units, 1 with the iOS license and 1 with the Android license. You should only need to do it the first time you set it up. With both my units that I purchased, the only issue I had was MSXML SP4 was needed on my PC before the code could be activated or verified. It seems MS XML SP4 (XML parser) application works with CCP software when using the MRX-1/2 unit. Without MSXML working, it wouldn't do anything.

Now the newest version of CCP requires a login so I had to back out to the version that did not require a login as I got my CCP software from the dealer that sold me the remote (he's now out of business). I was able to activate the Android unit yesterday even with the old version after I installed MSXML SP4 on my laptop with the old version of CCP that doesn't require user ID to get access.
Marc
High End Home Theater Enthusiast
McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Bryston

Hosting Services by ipHouse