The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday July 18, 2021 at 15:30
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
On July 15, 2021 at 17:21, RemoteQuest said...
Me too on all of your product points. I am doing fine with my Q50, having bought as many as I could find on eBay along with the NC50. Some others were bought just for parts, etc. I have a box full of stuff! Someday, I am going to have to find a newer platform. I love my hard buttons and a screen....

Dave

As the custom market has evolved in recent years, is there anything that has tempted you? I keep looking, because I know it's only a matter of time before I'm forced to switch. I do wish I could find a good "modern" replacement before then.

The trend that seems most "threatening" to the Q50 is IP as the only CI option. Serial ports and hardwired IR are my bread-and-butter with the Q50, as I prefer not to affix blasters to my components. I rarely see IR ports anymore, and serial ports seem less common as well.

As a side question, Dave....what is the easiest way to replace an aging Q50? I.e., is it best to set another one up as an identical 2nd remote for a room, or to replace the aging Q50 with another as the primary? Not sure how to do that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse