The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday July 8, 2021 at 08:49
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On July 8, 2021 at 08:04, sirroundsound said...
We have to also remember that the article is about DIY smart home. Everything the writer had was cobbled together by him. And if you read any sort of forum or reddit about smart home you will mostly find the DIY crowd showing off all the great things they have made their system do. Some of them manage to do some pretty impressive things. But, in the end, the DIY systems seem to always be in need of constant attention.
Matter has the potential to change that, or not.

DIYers are good at "I bought a bunch of this electronic crap and it never worked the way they said it would and no, I didn't read the instructions".

I'm working on a project now and one of the builders asked if I could remove all of the cabling that's hanging in the basement. Said the people who did the demolition work had cut back all of the coax going from the basement to the second floor, which completely removed any chance of using any of it again, because it was cut back into the second floor and it's no longer accessible, nor is it possible to pull fresh cable to all of those locations because any rooms where demo was done are now finished. He then asked why I had brought cables into the house because "Everything is wireless, right?".
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse