The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday July 3, 2021 at 17:53
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
Why be required to buy a smart hub/control system, just to set on/off times for lights when the bulbs have the capability? They can be grouped, you can set them for different times on different days and with some, you can check the app to see if they're on or off or turn them on/off, even if you're not on-site. I have a couple of smart outlets and I use one for a floor lamp that needed a new switch/dimmer, but that costs more than the pair of outlets and the LED bulb doesn't work well with a Caseta lamp module which also cost considerably more.

Do you ever leave your house and want people on the outside to think you're at home, so they're less tempted to break in? What about vacations- ever wonder if the crappy timer that can't connect to your network was working?

It's all part of 'the smart home environment' and personally, I like some of it. I don't need different colors of light- that doesn't interest me although variable colors on a boat is good because insects are attracted by white light, but not some other colors.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse