The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday June 10, 2021 at 17:21
Diamond Dog
Long Time Member
May 2003
On June 9, 2021 at 08:57, Brad Humphrey said...
Why are you not using the OEM?
I usually find that when I'm faced with such choices, the OEM is the best bet. Part # is BATT-MX-980 and URC has them in-stock.

If you are just wanting to be dirt cheap and refuse to pay more than $30+ for a battery; there are 2 problems with that. Even if you can find a replacement battery that worked well for $6.99, there is no guarantee the next time you ordered it you would get the same. Those bottom feeding vendors come & go.
I personally have never found 'any' of the bottom feeder supply to be worth crap. They routinely use low binned parts they get for pennies, to create their cheap product. So no surprise it is suspect at best.

I hear you. But isn't there a middle ground? Just because you don't want to pay $30.00 doesn't mean you want the cheapest price. All your points are true. Isnt there some middle ground like $15.00

My example is this. A Porsche 911 branded air filter is 10 times the cost of the lowest priced air filter you can find. OEM Porsche filters are made by Mahle. If you buy the Mahle branded filter it is 50% of the cost of Porsche Branded and I have seen it. Exactly the same except it doesn't say Porsche on it. I would never use the cheaper (non Mahle) brands I outlined in this example.

Its not like there are a million battery producers. A lot of batteries companies simply put their label on it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse