The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday June 7, 2021 at 10:10
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
Guess I'll throw my .02  in here.  As many of you know, I live in Big 3 country.  Here's what's happening right now.

The autos are simply outbidding everyone for the chips.  So, the chips that C4 and Crestron need are being bought by Ford, etc.  C4 and Crestron don't have nearly the buying power and margins that a new truck does, so they lose that battle everytime. Rumor has it that the autos are currently paying triple the normal rate.

On to the next problem, they've essentially bought all the chips.  They've started shutting down plants because of it. They simply don't have them and can't get them, which leads you to the empty car lots. They're literally building vehicles without the chips in them and will then have to go back through all of the vehicles to put the chips in.

Have a close friend that works on the 12v side of things.  He got calls within the last 2 weeks from all of the manufacturers, saying the same things.  First, it's going to get much much worse before it gets better.  Second, don't expect new product until late into the year.

When he heard that, he went and bought $1M worth of B Stock, and products like Jensen that were still available just so he'd have stock to try and get through the year.

My suggestion, buy up everything you can if you have the funds to do so.

Hosting Services by ipHouse