The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday June 3, 2021 at 15:30
BHuey1969
Long Time Member
September 2016
At this point, why is this surprising anyone anymore? Unfortunately, this is going to be our norm for quite some time. I'd say at least 6 months, and probably more.

IDK what the answer is. I guess so far I've been lucky on just about everything except Sonos, and receivers. I purchase 99% of my equipment through distribution, and remain open minded in what I sell. I have been known to sell Sonos, Heos, and even Nuvo if I have to, depending on what's available. Savant hasn't really had any extreme backorder situations yet, but I can always sell RTI or Pro Control if I have to.

I try to only give my customers a loose ballpark estimate until I know what I'll be able to supply for them. Most watch the news and are very understanding. I tell them I'll put together the best package I can within their budget, and they trust me.

I also don't have any issues with buying some things at retail and making no profit, if it allows me to complete an install and get paid.

I also don't have the clientele where I'm doing 6 figure installs in 8 figure homes. So, I'm not locked into anything months in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse