Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday May 8, 2021 at 20:18
Capt. Kirk
May 2021
As every story out there has 2 sides, I should let you hear mine. I picked up a junk Marantz 2325 that had shorted main outputs,and a fried PWR xmfr. and severe oxidation issues, as a project. I Replaced the xmfr and got some sound out of it but it needed some "PRO" work above my pay grade. Found "Brent Huskins" of "Crossed Paths Vintage" and talked with him by phone and discussed turn-around times,anticapations, shipping concerns, all of which he covered including return shipping. The story was 6-8 weeks turn around, and we all live in a perfect world so I packed my Marantz in 10 lbs of plywood and foam and shipped it and some Money to Texas on 1/3/2021. Brent confirmed receipt of the package and its condition. 8 weeks later I get a notice from Ebay that my unit was shipping. I contacted Brent, who informed me that a winter storm(Feb 10-18) had knocked out the power so he was not able to work and was behind schedule. I understood, and wished him well, but started looking for additional reviews because I was concerned. I discovered these threads and my situation looked similar. So after getting a negative dose of your reality I needed verification that things were good. I called Brent, talked with him and was assured all was good but he was waiting on parts (50 years old) but was hoping to finish it soon. Needless to say I got antsy. Now the nice part, He text me last week with a ship date, the Marantz showed up in the original shipping crate UNDAMAGED, I uncrated it removed the foam, set it up with some baby Bose 301's and spun some vinyl. Everything was clean as new, the lighting awesome, and the sound, Thats why we keep these things alive. Not sure what happened with your story, But Brent is a straight-up guy who does what he says and my Marantz 2325 is the only proof I need. Ya it took 4 months,even with me bothering him, but, can you really get anything Good,Cheap, and Fast???

Last edited by Capt. Kirk on May 8, 2021 20:31.
Capt. Kirk

Hosting Services by ipHouse