The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday May 8, 2021 at 12:37
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
It's not that simple unfortunately. For direct disc selection you have to send the Sony BDP-CX7000ES a DISC_DIRECT_SET command using RS-232 or IP control. I outline the RS-232 control for the Sony BDP-CX7000ES in detail here. In the second post of that thread I provide an excel sheet. The excel sheet details all the RS-232 commands, both for general control of the changer and for playing a given disc from each of the 400 changer slots. The RS-232 commands (and IR codes) are also available via my PEP v1.1.20 configuration file as seen here. I provide a download link to my configuration file at the bottom of the first post in the thread found here.

So yes, RS-232 or IP control is your only option short of sorting by Slot Number within the Sony XMB interface, then scolling up or down until you find the slot number you're looking for. I own 15 of the Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400-disc Blu-ray Players myself. I use them in conjunction with my Pronto Professional TSU9600 remote, Philips RFX9600 Serial Extender and Digital Loggers SS20 20-Port Serial Switch. See here for some pictures of what that looks like.

That being said, with my PEP v1.1.20 configuration file I did integrate the ability to quickly enter the slot number you want, then having the Pronto send the particular RS-232 command to the changer. It works beautifully. (See here for more details on that where I also cover how I catalog my collection and browse for something to watch.) And I'll tell you what. If you're controlling your Sony BDP-CX7000ES with a Pronto TSU9x00 remote I'd be happy to integrate the same ability within your own configuration file. You'd just need to acquire a Philips RFX9600 serial extender and the proper serial cable at that point. Well, if you don't have those things already. Anyway, just let me know.

Last edited by Lowpro on May 8, 2021 13:47.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse