The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday April 19, 2021 at 15:32
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On April 14, 2021 at 23:25, AnilAppleLink said...
Seems a little too obsessive for me with the fines. I have been on state and federal funded Union projects in NYC where they require OSHA certification, hard hat, steel toe & vest but they also had cranes flying stuff overhead outside but even when we were inside they required us to still wear it because they had a safety inspector on site. If you were caught the first time without it you were warned and the second time you were sent home.
I have never done a regular residential in NY or NJ that REQUIRED it.

Really no difference than you not wearing your seatbelt while driving and a cop giving you a ticket for it.

The fines are only issued by the MOL, however the site supervisor, general contractor, your boss has the right to kick you off site if you don't comply with the safety regulations. Remember if the MOL were to arrive on site and caught me without required safety I would be getting $100 fine, my supervisor could get a $500 fine, my boss gets $1000, site super gets $1000, builder gets $10,000. It's never just a single ticket that is handed out when the show up. At the end of the day they are wanting everyone to be safe and get home that night unharmed.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse